What makes Dr. Bishop's approach to psychology practice unique?
1. Excellence—Board Certification. Dr. Bishop’s ongoing commitment to excellent quality work is reflected in a variety of ways that includes being nationally board certified by the American Board of Professional Psychology.
2. Communication—Routinely available. Dr. Bishop strives to respond quickly to calls and questions from patients and others about services or urgent issues.
3. Diversity—International cultural experience. Dr. Bishop has presented and taught seminars and courses, training professionals and students here in the U.S. as well as in Europe and East Asia, Canada and Haiti.
4. Integrating psychology and spiritual values—Christian focus. Dr. Bishop offers free seminars and workshops for churches and community organizations.
5. Education and training—Ongoing teaching. In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Bishop has been an educator training graduate students in psychology and counseling and teaching courses in psychology and counseling for over 20 years.
6. Research and writing—long term commitment to improving the profession and science of psychology. Dr. Bishop has over 30 professional publications addressing addictions, personality, professional development, clinical supervision, and the integration of Christian values with psychology.
7. Community outreach and service—helping others. Dr. Bishop has served as a board member and president of the DeKalb county board of health, president of the board of directors of Cornerstone Christian Academy, board of directors member and president of the Sycamore club of Rotary International, board member of DeKalb Sycamore Love INC, board member of First Baptist Church Sycamore. He was the membership chair for the Illinois Psychological Association, and has consulted with several other groups regarding organizational culture and development.